Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

AudioBook Review!

Hiya guys!

I've got a book review to share with you today, although it'll be a little different. Since I already have two (really, three) review blogs dedicated to books, I don't want to post even more redundant materials here. Still, I'd love to share them with fans of this blog, too!

So! I'm going to include the book info, and then link to my various review blogs, so you can go check them out if you'd like!

I post professional "Plugged In" reviews on Desert Rose Reviews, and have both a blogspot and wordpress version, for those of you who are picky about your blog platforms. The reviews posted to those two blogs are the ones I post publicly on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.

I also have a more fun, "UnPlugged" blog where I share candid reviews, more in the format of a book club. There are spoilers, and I get to be a bit more emotional and deeper than I am comfortable being on Amazon and Goodreads.

So! With that in mind, let's do this!


AudioBook Review of


The Secret Life of Anna Blanc


 The Secret Life of Anna Blanc
~Released: Nov. 14, 2016

~Author: Jennifer Kincheloe

~Narrator: Moira Quirk

~Length: 12h 44m

~Publisher: Jennifer R. Kincheloe, Ltd 2016

~Genres: Historical Mystery, Thriller


It's 1907 Los Angeles. Mischievous socialite Anna Blanc could match wits with Sherlock Holmes, but in her world women are not allowed to hunt criminals. Determined to break free of the era's rigid social roles, she buys off the chaperone assigned by her domineering father and, using an alias, takes a job as a police matron with the Los Angeles Police Department. There she discovers a string of brothel murders, which the cops are covering up. Seizing her one chance to solve a crime, she takes on the investigation herself. 

If the police find out, she'll get fired; if her father finds out, he'll disown her; and if her fiancé finds out, he'll cancel the wedding.

Anna must choose--either hunt the villain and risk losing her father, fiancé, and wealth, or abandon her dream and leave the killer on the loose.



I have a review for this book, as well as a dream cast I put together for all the characters! Man, that would make one hell of a movie!

You can also check out info on the author and narrator, and see the author's playlist!

Visit my Plugged In review on Blogspot or Wordpress

I also did an UnPlugged review, that does have spoilers!

Check those out, and be sure to leave a comment on whichever blog you visit, so I know you came from Plum Tiger Reviews!

Thanks for visiting - I hope you enjoy my reviews!


No comments:

Post a Comment